|Introduction to Digital Marketing and SMstudy (1 hour)
- What is Digital Marketing: : Digital Marketing includes all marketing activities that use electronic devices connected to the internet to engage with customers. It is used an umbrella term that encompasses multiple activities such as Search Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, and more.
- Why Digital Marketing: Digital Marketing is the fastest growing segment in Sales and Marketing, and there is a huge need for Digital Marketing training and certifications globally. This session briefly describes the importance of Digital Marketing for four roles/functions—Sales and Marketing Professionals, Entrepreneurs, IT Professionals, and Faculty.
- Overview of the Guide to the Digital Marketing Body of Knowledge (DMBOK® Guide): This session briefly describes how the DMBOK® Guide can be used as an essential asset by organizations to plan and implement Digital Marketing activities.
- Evolution of Digital Marketing: This section describes the history of Digital Marketing using various models of marketing that evolved with time. The Fragmented New-Age Marketing model and Innovative Internet-enabled Business model are described in detail.
- DMBOK® Guide Framework – Overview of All Processes: This section provides an overview of all processes (including Inputs, Tools, and Outputs) as described in the DMBOK® Guide.
|SMstudy® Certified Digital Marketing Associate Certification Training (4 hours)
Evaluate DM Channels–Inputs, Tools, and Outputs: This process involves evaluating various Digital Marketing channels to determine its relevance for achieving the performance targets for Digital Marketing. The outputs of this process are the selected digital marketing channels with their allocated budgets and targets, the integrated digital marketing channel plan as well as an understanding of potential future scenarios that may impact a product or brand’s performance. It also includes engaging activities in which participants need to apply the concepts learnt to real-life scenarios, and test questions that will better prepare them for the certification exam. Some of the important concepts covered in this session include the following:
- Overview of Important Elements of Digital Marketing: This session provides a detailed overview of Digital Marketing elements that play a significant role in the company’s Digital Marketing strategy. Each of the elements is discussed using real-life case studies of its successful application. The following Digital Marketing elements are covered in this session:
- o E-mail Marketing: This discusses the components of e-mail marketing, types of e-mail marketing, benefits of e-mail marketing, and important metrics of e-mail marketing.
- o Web Analytics: This discusses the important Digital Marketing metrics, web analytics tools, mobile analytics, and social media analytics.
- o Search Marketing: This provides information about search engines and key metrics used for search engine marketing
- o Popular Social Media Platforms: This discusses activities such as video marketing, image marketing, and blogging that are relevant to different social media platforms
- o Affiliate Marketing: This provides an overview of affiliate marketing and how it can be used to increase marketing reach of a company.
- o Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This provides an overview of SEO, benefits of SEO, and SEO guidelines.
- Marketing Strategy Overview and Levels of Marketing Strategy: This session briefly describes the components of Corporate Strategy and how it provides an overall direction for the company. It also briefly describes the levels of Marketing Strategy, and the process for creating a company’s Marketing Strategy.
- Understand Available DM Channels–Inputs, Tools, and Outputs: This session explores Digital Marketing channels such as website, mobile devices, and social media. It focuses on the Inputs, Tools, and Outputs used to identify and understand the dynamics of all available Digital Marketing channels. The output of this process is a comprehensive understanding of various Digital Marketing Channels. It also includes engaging activities in which participants need to apply the concepts learnt to real-life scenarios, and test questions that will better prepare them for the certification exam. Some of the important concepts covered in this session include the following:
- Website factors to be considered from a user and site development perspectiveMobile site development factors such as performance, usability, and design
- Social media-enabled sharing models such Blogs, Discussion Forums, Professional Networking Site, Social Networking Sites, Video Sharing Sites, Collaborative Websites, and Content Discovery Sites.
- Identifying conversion hierarchies and primary metrics for Digital Marketing activities
- Evaluating Return on Investment (ROI) for Digital Marketing Channels
- Leaky Funnel analogy for conversion hierarchies
- Setting up metrics and targets to improve each step of the conversion hierarchy
- Anticipated Future Scenarios