The Guide to the Digital Marketing Body of Knowledge (DMBOK® Guide) provides a framework for use in the planning and execution of the Digital Marketing Strategy for a company’s products, services, and brands. Digital Marketing includes all marketing activities that use electronic devices connected to the Internet to engage with customers (e.g., computers, tablets, smartphones). These include activities related to creating and managing effective websites and mobile apps, as well as promoting a company’s products and brands through various online channels that help meet marketing objectives.
The processes associated with Digital Marketing as defined in the DMBOK® Guide include gaining an understanding of the specific targets that this Aspect of Marketing must achieve in order to contribute to the successful attainment of overall marketing objectives; recognizing and evaluating the various digital marketing channels and options that digital media offers; building or acquiring the needed expertise and establishing a strong digital presence; optimizing each of these digital marketing channels to ensure maximum reach; building good customer relationships; and establishing and protecting a strong reputation in the chosen markets.Some of the key benefits of using the DMBOK® Guide are as follows:
- Consolidated Expertise: The DMBOK® Guide was developed by VMEdu, Inc., a global certification course provider that has educated over 500,000 students world-wide in more than 5,000 companies. It provides practical, industry-proven best practices, rather than purely theoretical advice.
- Process-Oriented Approach: The DMBOK® Guide explains Digital Marketing concepts through a practical, process-oriented approach. This helps professionals understand the specific processes they should follow to be effective in their roles. Each process has associated inputs, tools, and outputs that are recommended for use. Highly recommended inputs, tools, and outputs are noted with an asterisk (*) beside the concept in each process box and then again when each process is discussed throughout that section.
- Applicable to All Industries: The many authors, advisers, and reviewers of the DMBOK® Guide have worked in numerous Sales and Marketing areas and geographic regions across a variety of industries. Thus, insights provided by them make this body of knowledge industry independent.
- Applicable to Companies of All Sizes: The DMBOK® Guide has been written to meet the needs of all companies regardless of size. Small start-up companies with fewer than ten employees, or large organizations with several thousand employees and multiple product lines and business units, can equally benefit from the information in this guide. Additionally, the content provided in the DMBOK® Guide is highly relevant to for-profit and non-profit organizations alike.
- Applicable to Beginners and Experts: The DMBOK® Guide presents recommended concepts that beginners should know and also highlights advanced concepts for individuals who have more experience and who are on their way to becoming experts in the field.
- Continuous Improvement: Concepts related to Digital Marketing continue to evolve; therefore, the DMBOK® Guide will be continuously reviewed and updated to ensure that it remains relevant.
- SMstudy Certified Digital Marketing Fundamentals (SCDM-F)
- SMstudy Certified Digital Marketing Professional (SCDM-P)
- SMstudy Certified Digital Marketing Specialist (SCDM-S)
- SMstudy Certified Digital Marketing Expert (SCDM-E)